Days fly like the wind outside of class. Like burning embers above a flame, they are quick to fade away before the consuming fire.
So I'm told on Friday that we have a morning formation at 6 in full service uniforms. So that means I have to wake up at 5, take a shower, get dressed, and be out between the wings by 5:45 in the cold. It really wasn't that cold out but my feet were freezing. And for those that don't know what full service uniforms are, its our dress uniform- you know, the blues with the flight caps and all.
So yeah. The entire squadron had to come to this because four idiot airmen got UEDs and DUIs. Not only did they drive while drunk but they were going to get more beer and got into an accident on a one way street. I'll let you guess which way they were driving. The best part was- they were all underage. Can't wait to see the blogger about this one so I can see if they're kicked out or not. Oh yeah. Four other airmen were tested positive for drugs. Idiots.
After wasting two hours outside though, we were dismissed and I decided to join a bunch of other people for some breakfast. The eight of us went to Denny's. So I got a spicy chicken sandwich for breakfast. Not the best of things honestly.
After that, I tried to fix someone's computer but decided to take a nap after about an hour. So then I wasted half the day because I overslept my desired amount. After I woke up, I had a nasty headache which led my back to bed. So the entire day was wasted pointlessly.
And the next day was just like the last. Plenty of sleep and little stuff done. I couldn't even write or work on anything interesting. Hell, I couldn't even play WoW. The day was that piss poor for some reason. So the entire weekend flew by.
And now, its another week of class. Today's morning was horrible. I felt as if I didn't understand anything from the lessons- well thats because we didn't go over any of the vocabulary or whatnot. But lunch rolled along and I got a moments peace by myself before a few more classmates came in and ruined the blissful silence of the room. I got a small letter from Becca through Facebook which improved the mood. Hope all is well with her.
So I need to be honest. I don't like most of my classmates. There are nine of us in all. One Air Force officer, one Navy petty officer, a marine, and the rest of us are enlisted Air Force. Two of them, I like. One, I can tolerate. The other two, I just can't stand. Robertson is a great guy and extremely funny. Tyler acts grown up and like an adult. However Johnson and Friday are incredibly annoying. Friday is a complete scumbag who ironically is pretty smart but seems to have no moral value. Johnson just acts like some kid who belongs in middle school.
The rest are a good bunch. I can work with them with no problem, even if the petty officer gets a bit overzealous at times. But I can't handle working with Johnson or Friday. Johnson just acts retardedly stupid and Friday.. arg. I would just keep going with things to say about him but I'd rather not. Ever since Medina, I've had to put up with him and his attitude.
I'm not saying I'm not perfect but I respect people. He doesn't. He talks back to the petty officer, swears in front of the Major and doesn't bother ironing his uniform. He hasn't done anything to it in months. Hell, he doesn't even bother getting stripes on it, even though he was promoted at the same time I was.
And the worst part is, I sit next to him and constantly need to work with him. And I hate it because he understands the lessons more then I do so I constantly screw up and instead of helping, he usually resorts to berating me with insults. Still.. to hell with him. I hope he gets what he deserves. It will come soon enough.
So right now, lunch is done and I've three more hours of class before heading off to PT. Afterwords, I need to do something like write. I have to push myself. I can't waste away my life while I'm here. As hopeless as I sometimes feel when it comes to this language, I need to keep going or else I'll dig a pit so deep, I won't be able to climb out.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment